Horatio Alger Scholarship
Since 1984, the Horatio Alger Association has awarded over $125 million in college scholarships to deserving students. Through nationally recognized educational programs, the association reaches out directly to our nation's young people with a message of hope, opportunity, responsibility, and perseverance.
In keeping with the mission of the Horatio Alger Association, the scholarship programs provide financial assistance to students throughout the nation who have significant financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adveristy. The scholarships are given to deserving students each year and range in award value from $6000 to $25,000.
Eligibility criteria includes: high school graduation in spring/summer, demonstrated critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income), and United States citizenship.
Deadline: October 25, 2017
- Apply at scholars.horatioalger.org
- One Support Form completed online. This must be completed by an adult over the age of 21 who is not related to the applicant and who is aware of the adversities mentioned in the application *Must be filled out online
- Online Certification Form completed by counselor
- High school transcript. *Transcripts must be submitted online
- Income Verification- a copt of the first page of the applicant's parent(s) federal tax return (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ or 1099 SSA-Social Security form) or tax transcript from 2016 is needed in order to verify income stated on application. If an applicant's parents are not required to file a tax return, include statement copies of any government benefits, such as Public Assistance or Disability payment documents. Income verifications may be uploaded online or sent by mail. Applicants of divorced or legally separated parents need to submit tax forms from both parents.