1. Where did you go to college?
1. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A. Germanic Language Studies)
Northern Illinois University (Teaching Certificate)
2. Where did you grow up?
2. Lancaster, CA + Utica, IL
3. What made you decide to become a teacher?
3. I always loved German. Then after graduating, I began to tutor in German & teach a German for travelers class, and finally realized that I also really liked teaching.
4. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
4. The students' personalities and creativity. Also that it's more of a mission and a challenge (than just a "job").
5. What are your hobbies outside of school?
5. Tinkering (read: taking apart and/or fixing things), playing volleyball, reading German books, and spending time with people I cherish.
6. What kind of student were you like in high school?
6. The best ever!! (jk...I was a really good student but extremely shy and timid.)
7. If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
7. A cell phone repair tech. Or a pathologist. :)