1. Where did you go to college?
My bachelor’s degree and master’s degree are both from Southern Illinois University-
2. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Eldorado, Il. Eldorado is a small town in southern Illinois and it is very much
3. What made you decide to become a teacher?
My Interior Design instructor in college motivated me to become a teacher. She was a
dynamic instructor and she helped me see the many possibilities for my future.
4. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
My students are my favorite thing about teaching. I love teenagers and I am constantly
amazed (and entertained) by them. I look forward to coming to school every day because
of the wonderful interactions I have with my classes. I always refer to my students as “my
5. What are your hobbies outside of school?
I enjoy cooking, flower gardening, entertaining friends in my home, travel and reading.
6. What kind of student were you like in high school?
I always tried to do my best in high school. I made A’s and B’s in high
school. English and Science were my best subjects and Math was my most
7. If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
T.V. Food Show Host, Interior Designer or Food Critic/Journalist