1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in St. Louis County.
2. Have you taught anywhere besides Nokomis High School? I have had a variety of other teaching experiences before landing in Nokomis. I taught Kindergarten for Mehlville School District in St. Louis. After moving to KS, I taught second grade at a private school in Kansas City, MO. Kindergarten won me over again and I taught for Shawnee Mission School District in KS. Just prior to teaching special education classes at Nokomis Junior High, I taught special education classes at Memorial Elementary in Taylorville.
3. How long have you been teaching? Even though I've been teaching for about 15 years, it doesn't feel that long. Moving states, buildings, and grade levels has kept it interesting!
4. Where did you go to college? My bachelor's degree is from University of Missouri - St. Louis (UMSL). I earned my master's degree from MidAmerica Nazarene University in Olathe, KS.
5. What or who inspired you the most to be a teacher? Looking back, I would say that I had always wanted to be a teacher. It was always one of my choices. The person who inspired me the most would be my middle school and high school Spanish teacher. She was so energetic and enthusiastic. Her passion made the class fun and interesting.
6. Please give a full list of the classes you teach this year? My daily schedule at the junior high consists of: RtI Study Hall, 7th grade reading, 8th grade reading, 6th grade reading, 8th grade language, 6th grade language, and a second section of 7th grade reading.