Mr.Markey is the principal at the North School.
1. What's your favorite part of your job?
The favorite part of my job is working each day with kids, they keep me young at heart.
2. What or who inspired you to take on this job?
I never had a teacher / principal I didn't like and those experiences greatly influenced my choice of vocation.
3. What's some of your hobbies that you enjoy to do outside of school?
I'll cite four hobbies: running, weight lifting, motorcycle riding, and sand volleyball; the latter is a passion.
4. How many years have you been working in the school district?
I have been a part of the Nokomis School District for eleven years.
5. What is the best way to contact you? (Please list information)
The best way to contact me is by phone, text, or email.
6. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in rural Illinois near Colchester. My dad was a farmer and my mother is a nurse.