1. Where did you go to college?
Lincoln Land Community College & University of Illinois at Springfield
2. Where did you grow up?
3. What made you decide to become a teacher?
I have always loved kids and I had a conversation with Mr. Rupert and he encouraged me to consider teaching. I actually have a psychology major and minored in Elementary Education and it makes total sense to me why that is needed.
4. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
The best part of teaching is seeing the growth in all the students! I see kids that I've had in the past and then the kids in my class. It's amazing to see their face light up when they've figured something out or understand what has been taught. The hugs and pictures are great too!
5. What are your hobbies outside of school?
My number one hobby is taking care of my two girls and husband. When there is spare time, I love to shop and scrapbook!
6. What kind of student were you like in high school?
I was the "goody girl" because my mom was the secretary. Who could get in trouble and go to the office and face your mom? I did play a great April Fool's joke on her that I will never forget.
7. If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
If I wasn't a teacher and didn't have a weak stomach, I would definitely be something in the medical field.