1. What is the best way to contact you?
2. What life lessons are most important to use in elementary school?
It is important that children learn respect... HOW and WHY we should learn respect to others. I also feel children need to know the importance of earning others' respect as well.
3. What do you teach and what grade?
I teach special education for grades 3-5.
4. Where did you go to college?
I earned my bachelors degree from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (SIUe)
5. What or who inspire you most to be a teacher?
As a child I always found joy in helping others. That combined with my love for children led me to the field of education. When I was a teenager I did a lot of babysitting. I ended up tutoring a 2nd grade boy who was having difficulty with reading. It was then that I began to stray from my childhood aspiration of becoming a nurse.
6. What is your favorite classroom activity?
I don't really have a favorite classroom acitvity. I do, however LOVE the sight of a student FINALLY understanding a concept they have been struggling to learn.