Once you have created collections, you can now put your documents in the folders to keep them organized. Just like email labels, however, you can put a document in as many folders as you like, not just one. There are two main ways to put a document in a folder:
Method #1 - Drag and Drop
- Click and hold down the mouse button on the document you wish to file
- Now with the mouse button held down, drag the document to the "My Drive" section on the left side of the Google Docs screen
- Put the document on top of the folder you want to place it in, and then let go of the mouse button
- The document will now be linked to that collection
- Repeat the process for other folderss if you wish to put the document in more than one collection
Method #2 - Right Click
- Hover your mouse over the file and then right click on the file.
- Now click "Move to" from the drop-down menu.
- This will open a window where you can expand all of your folderss and click the one you wish to move into.
- Click "Move" when done.